Saturday, October 16, 2010

Good night, Mrs. Cleaver.

I just read that June Cleaver (aka Barbara Billingsly, aaka mother of Wally and the Beav) died today at the age of 94.  MSN had two pictures with the article: one of Ms. Billingsly as June Cleaver and another picture of a lovely old lady that made me exclaim, "My goodness, she's aged a lot since I last saw her on TV! I don't even recognize her." 

On second look, I don't think it was her at all.  I think it's a picture of Gloria Stuart who died in September at the age of 100.  I doubt if Ms. Billingsly would appreciate my mistaking her for a woman of 100.

I'm not sure exactly why MSN placed a picture of Gloria Stuart so prominently in an article about Barbara Billingsly unless it was to lead the reader to their gallery of other celebrities who died in 2010. 

No comments: