Thursday, September 08, 2011

Ham or Cheese

There are little voices carrying on little conversations in my head much of the day.  As I frequently hear them in that twilight time between asleep and awake, morning and evening, I assume they are chattering away all night as well.  For the most part I ignore them.  They don't speak to me, I don't speak to them.  But occasionally one of them says something so funny or so profound that it attracts my attention.  And then sometimes ....

I don't know why this still bothers me, but I just can't seem to let it go.  A couple of weeks ago while I was working on a computer project, one of the women said, in a rather snide voice, "At least this time he brought sandwiches."

What?  What?  Who brought sandwiches?  and why?  Are they having a picnic in my head?  Is it party time and I wasn't invited?

I hate being left out of things.

No comments: