Sunday, June 17, 2012

Whatever

I'm at that in-between age.  I mix slang from two different centuries.  I don't really know what's in and what's out so I just say whatever I think fits the situation. 

"Cool" "Neat" Are those out or in?
"Bee's knees"  Went out way before I was in (the world).
"Later gator"  Short for "See you later, alligator" which was out before I went to school.
I like "That's just whack!"  I do know that's out, but it fits so many times.
"Jackass stupid" was probably never in, but it is used a lot in our office.

A pan-handler asked my co-worker for a "dog" the other day because he and his babe needed to get back to the 'crib".  He and his babe must have been old because crib went out with, what bell-bottomed hip huggers?  Or was it after that?  I never heard "dog" used liked that before but we thought he meant money.  However, Internet research leads me to think he meant phone.  In or out?

If, like me, you don't know what people are saying, you can look up these slang terms on the Urban Dictionary.  But, dawg, some of those jackass stupid definitions are just whack!


1 comment:

Shannon said...

I still say "Whatever" and roll my eyes when I don't feel like arguing.