Thursday, October 06, 2005

Autumn

It's October and, therefore, autumn in Indiana. One of my favorite times of the year. It's probably what I missed most about Indiana when I lived in the south where they had two seasons, tourist and off.

I probably wouldn't feel the same way about autumn if I had to rake leaves, but I now live in an apartment and someone does that for me. One of the perks of growing old.

The last time I remember raking leaves was when I lived in Florida. It must have been autumn, or probably winter because the "snow birds" had arrived next door. These particular snow birds were a very nice couple from somewhere up north who rented a house next to my parents' home every winter.

I no longer remember their names, but I remember the mister liked to work in their little yard to keep busy. He especially seemed to enjoy raking leaves. So I'd rake the leaves from my parents' yard into his just to give him something to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you ever want to rekindle some outdoor cleaing activities, you can come to my house. I have a huge list of things to do.

Anonymous said...

I shall be happy to come supervise.