Saturday, January 21, 2006

I'm warning you now - Don't go there

The other day I watched a woman teach hula dancing. I don't remember where or why, but I assume it was on TV because it would be silly to run, or even dance, around in a grass skirt in January in Indiana.

I did remember that she said to make a figure-8 with your hips so, in a moment of relative boredom, I decided to practice that maneuver. Unfortunately, I couldn't recall if the 8 was made vertically or horizontally so I tried both. In case you’re wondering, it’s horizontal – move your hips back and forth, not up and down. Old lady hips don’t go up and down without throwing something out of place.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should not refer to yourself as old. An old person is someone at least 20 years older than whatever age you are at the present.

Joe Tornatore said...

first time visitor. if you are 28 years old is it too late to hula dance?