Monday, July 23, 2007

Montage of Entertainment News

... mixed with my judgemental comments.

Did you hear that Drew Carey is going to be the new host for the Price is Right? I don't think Drew will make it 1/10 as long as Bob Barker. Don't get me wrong. I like Drew Carey; I just don't think he'll make a good host for this particular show.

Did you hear that Tammy Faye Baker died? I think there's a special place in hell for television evangelists who steal from their parishoners.

Did you happen to catch the quartet of marshal arts hotties on America's Got Talent? Whoa, mama! Those guys have got abs like you wouldn't believe. I really would like to touch them to make sure they're real. Wink, Wink. (Hey, I'm old, not dead!)

They are down to the last 5 contestants on Hell's Kitchen. Have you noticed that the contestants on that show don't always appear, shall we say, hygenic?

I really miss the old days when I could turn on the TV and watch the Rockford Files, Mannix, Simon and Simon, Magnum PI, The Golden Girls. I could keep going, but I won't. Do you suppose that in 10 years we'll remember the names of any of the shows that are on now? Most of the time, I can't remember the names of the characters while I'm watching the show. But quiz me on the 1980's show Magnum PI - Thomas Magnus, Rick, TC, Higgins, Apollo and Zeus, Agatha.

Or quiz almost anybody in America on The Andy Griffith Show and they'll name Andy, Barnie, Opie, and Aunt Bee without hesitation.

Big sigh.

They just don't make 'em like they used to.

No comments: