Monday, July 30, 2007

News in Brief

I just read a news blurb on msn.com that said "Clinton cleavage ignites debate." I could look it up, but instead I'm going to sit here and wonder which of the 3 Clintons they're talking about.

I watched the obituaries on the news this evening. Ingmar Bergman died. I know, I thought he died 50 years ago too. I mean no disrepect; it's just that I was really surprised. Tom Snyder was also eulogized. My first thought was "Where have you been?" And former 49ers head coach Bill Walsh died. It's a tribute to him that I not only knew the name of a professional football coach, but I recognized his face.

Back to school sales have started. So have some schools around here, the rest will start in a week or two. It won't be long before kids have no summer at all. I'm glad I was young so long ago that I had long summers full of sunshine and wading in the creek and playing paperdolls and baseball and catching crawdads and reading books.

American Idol auditions have started again. More than 10,000 people showed up in San Diego. Aren't you glad you don't have the job of weeding out the bad from the truly awful from the actually talented?

And that's the way it was.
Good night, Chet. Good night, David.

No comments: