Saturday, June 06, 2009

For the price of a book

I went shopping this morning. This week at the office was frustrating so I hit the bookstore first. Nothing perks me up like buying a new book. I bought 7. And I bought the 'membership discount card' because I think this is going to be a frustrating year, work-wise, and I'm going to need a lot of new books. Which means I'll need a new bookcase. And a new house to put them in.

I've been trying to figure out how to hit my boss up for a raise or a bonus. Heaven knows I deserve both.
  1. If they're going to frustrate me to the point that I have to buy books every week to survive, they need to pay me more or cut the level of frustration.
  2. When it was 90 degrees in the office, I had to plunk down my own money for a new fan, buy extra bottled water and Pepsi, throw out the melted chocolate in my desk drawer, and buy a cool new blouse. And I mean cool literally. Somebody has to pay for all that stuff.
  3. I don't like to toot my own horn, but, damn, I'm good. For an old lady, I'm damn good at what I do. Actually, I'm that good at any age.

No comments: