Wednesday, June 17, 2009

It's over

What's over? you ask politely.

My protest against governmental interference in my television viewing pleasure, I respond sheepishly.

I lasted longer than I thought I would. A whole weekend and almost a whole day after that. Monday I tried hooking up the world's stupidest converter box (you know it converts a normal TV to one that will accept digital shows) to my 'big' TV. It wanted nothing to do with any of it. I got one channel in but the picture was in groups of pixels in different areas of the screen, not altogether to make one picture.

I tried adjusting the antenna control as per the instructions (that were almost but not quite written in English) but the quality (based on their scale of 0% - 100%) got smaller and smaller. I think it actually dipped to a negative number. So I gave up and watched She Spies on the portable DVD player. (Please don't tell anyone I told you that I watch She Spies and even paid for the first season DVD collection. How embarassing!)

Tuesday I got a big bright idea as my nephew Jeramy used to say. I hooked the converter box to my little TV in the bedroom. It works beautifully. If you have a pair of binoculars to see the screen and don't mind sitting on the bed. And if you don't mind having to surf through useless channels to get to the good stuff between commercials.

Hey, I think that still counts as a protest. It's uncomfortable, cramped, inconvenient.

Yeah, my flag is still flying. Now if you'll excuse me it's almost time for So You Think You Can Dance.

No comments: