Sunday, March 28, 2010

To each their own

I just read an article about different ways to de-stress. And by "different ways", I don't mean "several ways", I mean "strange", "weird", "not for everybody" and/or "not on your life".

They start off with a Snake Massage. Big snakes, little snakes, and in-between snakes crawling all over your body. Now I have nothing against most snakes. I can even handle a snake if the need arises, but I don't want a few dozen crawling all over me. I think for most people that would produce "de stress" (as opposed to "de-stress").

Jaw Massage might work for some people. Goodness knows I clench my jaw alot. It's just that I don't want other people's hands that close to my neck.

Beer Baths were also recommended. No, you don't drink a bathtub full of beer. You sit in it. Stting in a tub of beer holds little allure for me.

The Flower Baths seem more my style. If I wasn't too old to get in and out of a bathtub without floundering around like I did drank that tub of beer.

According to the article, Ironing can be very relaxing. Not the way I iron it isn't, but if anybody else wants to try it, I'll be glad to help you out with some wrinkled blouses.

Shouting can calm you down, but not if you shout at people. A 30 - minute session of therapeutic screaming is ideal to lower your stress. And after that you won't have a voice left to scream at other people.

Does writing poetry relax you? Try Haiku. Or limericks if you're feeling less mellow. They're both short and to the point and paint a picture in your mind.

How about brushing yourself? Not your hair, your skin.

Acupuncture? You know - where they therapeutically stick needles in your stress points? I haven't tried it. And ain't gonna either.

No comments: