Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Waiting for something

Don't tell the boss but I'm writing this while I'm at work. I'm actually working as I type. (I'm so multi-talented.) I'm waiting on a report to run. I'm actually waiting on 2 reports to run on 2 different applications.

That's what I do most of the day. Wait. It's very tiring - mentally, physically, and emotionally. I'm not exactly an active type person but sitting and waiting and sitting and waiting is boring.

Sometimes I try to find busy work while I'm waiting. I've organized files and folders and drawers and cabinets until nobody can find anything.

Sometimes I eat chocolate but the price of chocolate went up and my weight went up, but my salary didn't.

Sometimes I do legitimate searches on-line and sometimes I just go virtual shopping.

But mostly I just sit here and complain.

That's why I'm so good at it. Never ending practice.

No comments: