Saturday, August 14, 2010

It's Saturday again

I got up early today. Well, early for Saturday, not so early for a Monday or a Wednesday.

By 9 o'clock I had washed a sink full of dishes, exercised with the Wii for over an hour, and felt pretty smug with my ambitious self. But I didn't stop there.

By noon I had completed 2 lessons in my Access 2007 class (including the homework!), washed a load of laundry, and made a pot of spagetti sauce which is simmering on the stove as we speak (so to speak, if you know what I mean).

Now I'm well over half way through my weekly emails (I started at 59 and I'm down to 13) and I completed two on-line surveys which awarded me 10 points and I tried to donate some of the points I've amassed this year to the American Heart Association but I don't think it worked so I'm a little ticked at that. Last year I lost all my point because I didn't realize they expired and I don't want that to happen again.

On a different subject, Thursday I bought a whole seedless watermelon at the Marsh grocery store down the street for only $2.99 which is a good price, but as I was checking out the cashier asked "Do you have any coupons?" and I replied, "No" and the woman bagging my groceries said "You didn't get the watermelon coupon?" and I replied, "No" so the 2 women went over to another counter and brought back the Marsh weekly flier and tore out a coupon to save $1 on the watermelon. So I got the whole watermelon for $1.99.

I wouldn't have seen the flier till I got home from the grocery because it comes in the mail on Thursday and I would have been really ticked that I didn't get my $1 off. But that's why I shop at Marsh - the staff are so nice and friendly and they look out for you.

May somebody be looking out for you this week.

No comments: