Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Things to Do

While browsing the web today I came across Indiana Insider Blog and Emily Metallic's posts which led me to 50 Things Every Hoosier Must Do.

When I read the headline, I thought to myself "Hmmm.  I'm retired.  I could see how many I can complete before I get to old."  The next thing I thought was "Don't tell me what to do."

Well, I've done 11 of the 50 things that the Hoosier Channel says every Hoosier "must" do.  (15 things, if "kind of" counts). 

Many of the things involved eating and drinking. Indiana isn't known for fancy foods, but we've got good food.  Two of the 11 things I've done (more than once) was enjoy sugar cream pie and eat persimmon pudding

 # 50 was "Pick a favorite tenderloin sandwich". I'm still working on that one, have been for years. I think I'll probably have to start over from the beginning once I've tried them all before I can make up my mind.  (wink - wink)

Many of the places I'd never heard of.  Most of the things I don't want to do. 

And I didn't retire to do stuff I don't want to do.

No comments: