Sunday, January 06, 2008

2008

This is my first entry of 2008. Are you excited about the coming year? I know many people who are praying for a better year than 2007. I don't think it's that 2007 was so very bad, it just wasn't that good.

Just for fun, I checked out my horror-scope on a Chinese astrology site this morning. It said that for me this is the year of the tiger. 2008 is a year of mobility for the tiger, which indicates that I will be doing a lot of moving around this year. It could be either by way of traveling to far off places, moving to another home or office or experiencing some kind of life-change. The site claimed I can definitely look forward to traveling a lot more than usual, whether it is for business or pleasure.

Hmmmm.....
  • I do plan to move to a bigger residence this year.
  • There's a chance I will be out of a job before the year ends due to a pending re-organization in my industry.
  • I don't like traveling - I'm at a spot in my life where it's not worth the effort, but I was eyeing an African safari ad a few weeks ago.
  • Some kind of lifechange? My life needs a change. Hopefully, it's for the better.
Unfortunately, the site claimed that those of us born in the fall won't have many good times this year. We should just tough it out though because it won't last forever.

I checked some other astrology sites too, just in case I found one I liked better. The first site said it's likely that I'm going to find another job or career this year - but not one with more money. It also said that I'll travel more and that 2008 would be a good year for me to go on a diet as long as I ate foods high in minerals.

I couldn't understand what the second site was saying. It's probably good to be ambiguous when forecasting the future. At the end of the year, you can re-interpret the forecast to match the actual events.

The third site hinted that I would have changes/moves to look forward to. Romantically, it said that I might meet someone well-traveled. (I suppose that would explain why I need to travel more in 2008.) It also said "You should strenuously avoid antics involving iron, sharp edges, blunt objects, firearms, machinery or verbal exchanges." Antics? I think that means I shouldn't run with dull scissors or argue with policemen. My manager is an ex-cop. (That might be a harbinger of the cause of the career change.)

Oh, well, life happens.

No comments: