Saturday, January 26, 2008

Everyday Women

I've started a new project. I haven't finished the last 3 dozen I started, but no matter.

I haven't got this narrowed down yet to a movie, a book, or a television series, though I'm leaning to TV.

It seems like there is a proliferation of television shows about women who are t0o skinny, too successful, too rich, too-too to believe. I can't relate to those women. I find them shallow, self-gratifying, self-centered, self-serving, slutty, and silly. Who told the television executives that we want to watch that crap?

In the real world there are women who actually contribute without charge. They're us or your neighbor, your mother, your aunt, your daughter. Just everyday women.

They're funny, dramatic, ambitious, adventuresome. All the stuff that a good TV show should have. Or a movie, or a book. I haven't decided yet.

No comments: