Saturday, September 12, 2009

It's better to start at the top.

Well, I never got back to my tirade on the difference between labor and management and the moment has passed. But just in case you weren't sure, I'm on the side of labor.

The longer I work for companies (and it's getting close to a half century), the more I realize that the problems with too many American companies begin with stupid, self-centered, egotistical, don't-have-a-clue management teams. Even if you have a good manager, a manager somewhere up the line is gonna suck and manage to make work life difficult for the underlings. And eventually it's all gonna land on the laborers.

To the right is an illustration of a typical organization chart from a typical department in a typical company. With the typical fall out from management and the typical workers who just sit there and take it till they can pass it on down the line.

What this company needs is a good old fashioned, across the nation worker revolt. One for all and all for one and all that.

I'd volunteer to lead it, but I'm really close to retirement and I don't want to screw up my pension.

HAHAHAHAHA - What pension!? The Dumass Company dumped our pensions months ago in favor of a bigger bonus for the CEO, Big Daddy. May he be forever constipated.

No comments: