Monday, November 30, 2009

Double Ticket Day at the Amusement Park

It's double ticket day at Club Bing - MSN's free gaming community.

Just because it's free doesn't mean you don't have to work for it.

  1. It can take over half an hour for a game to load on a slow server.
  2. The 'sign in' box is hidden. I'm not telling you where it is. I had to find it myself and so o you.
  3. Before you sign in, you have to enter a secret code. They give you the code but obscure it so it can't be read by machines or old ladies. I just make a guess at it. Then guess again. And again. Finally they give up and let me in.
  4. When I want to replay a game I have to enter another different code. Just read # 3 twice more to see what happens next.
  5. There's no 'Boss Button' to quickly go from game playing to working on a spreadsheet when the Boss walks by.
Why do I play then? Because the games are fun and mentally stimulating. Plus you get "free" tickets that you can cash in for prizes or donate to charity. Where else can you get something free for having fun?

I had over 3,000 tickets the last time I looked. Today I had 31. How was I supposed to know the tickets had an expiration date? It's not like they're going to spoil. Perhaps if one wasn't so busy trying to decipher the secret code one might be able to find time to read the small print.

No comments: