Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Don't you wish you had a picture?

About a year ago I got a Wii video game. I used it for a while then life (and my living room) got a little crowded so I haven't used it much the past several months (like 10 - 12).

But a couple of weeks ago I dusted it off and pushed back the ottoman and stuck in Dancing with The Stars again. I'm getting better. Unfortunately, it doesn't teach you to really dance - but considering my level of rhythm and coordination it's probably just as well.

I got 2 new games this week: Walk It Out and Wii Fit Plus. I tried Walk It Out yesterday and got stuck in the stadium. I just walked around and around and around. So today I Googled for some hints and was able to get out onto the island and I walked 0.6 miles or so the Wii said. My feet feel like I went 6 miles or maybe not. I've probably never walked 6 miles before at one time so how would I know?

I checked out Wii Fit Plus yesterday too. First I did the Body Test - it had a new peripheral vision test and apparently I have no peripeheral vision at all. It calculated my age at 71 but Wii Fit always says I'm younger than my real age. (That makes Wii Fit my favorite.)

Then I tried the games that looked fun. I couldn't figure out how to steer the Segway - I ran it into the ocean (more than once), I ran it into a rock wall. I ran it everywhere but where I was supposed to. I kept wishing I had a little kid around to show me how to do it, but he/she probably wouldn't let me play.

I can't snowboard. But we already knew that.

I can ride a bike, and I learned how to steer it. Not well, but fast. All that abrupt weaving back and forth made me dizzy.

Made me go Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

No comments: