Monday, May 10, 2010

What I Learned

You know I like to learn new things. Constantly searching, absorbing learning, drinking in knowledge.

Just this month (and it's only the 10th), I've learned:

James Arness (Matt Dillion) was 6 feet 7 inches tall and was badly wounded in the leg at Anzio during WWII. Which is probably why he had trouble running on Gunsmoke.

Buck Taylor (Gunsmoke's Newly O'Brien) was the son of Dub Taylor. (If you don't know who Dub Taylor is, go watch a western - he's probably in there somewhere.) I also learned that Buck Taylor is a world famous water color artist, specializing in western art.

Tonto was the smart one. The Lone Ranger/ was dumber than a box of rocks. On The Lone Ranger Show, I mean. Maybe the writers just had it in for him because he wouldn't tell them his name.

I learned some other stuff too, but these are the high-lights.

No comments: