Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I need a care package.

This job is sucking the life out of me.

I try to remember that there are people with jobs that are much worse than this one, but sometimes when I'm banging my head against the desk for the third time in one morning, it's really hard to care that your job sucks too.

I know there are people with no jobs who are worried sick about losing everything because the paychecks stopped weeks, even months, ago, and I should be thankful I have a job at all, but sometimes it's hard to muster enough empathy to care.

I know there are other people with unfullfilled dreams, and wasted talents, but at the moment I just don't care.

Usually when I don't have enough care to go around, I buy or bake something for someone else and I get a kind of boomerang effect that lightens my heart. But today I think I'm just going to be a grouchy old lady, so SEND ME A CARE PACKAGE now or stay out of my way.

No comments: