Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Tomorrow is Christmas, December 25, 2010.  Just in case you didn't know, but I'm sure you did. 

I just put a pumpkin pie and an apple pie in the oven for dinner tomorrow.  It's beginning to smell like a holiday in here.

Dinner's main course will be Roast Cranberry Pork with Jamaican Sweet Potatoes made with fresh pineapple.  I had mashed potatoes on the menu just because I like mashed potatoes but now I think I should serve scalloped potatoes or maybe even rice or macaroni and cheese.  I know macaroni and cheese is a traditional Christmas dish for many families.  But not mine.

But then I don't remember having pork roast for Christmas dinner before either.  But it was half price and with cranberries, it will be appropriately festive.

I had broccoli on the menu too, but I think I'll change that to sauted cabbage because I'm having broccoli soup for supper tonight.  I really wanted brussel sprouts but I forgot to buy them.   I had applesauce on the menu, but I used the apples in the apple pie and since I'm having cranberries, pineapple, and apples in other dishes, nobody needs the applesauce.

I hope you are well fed this holiday and showered with blessings.  I don't mean gifts (though those are nice too).  I mean the kind of blessings that you can carry in your heart all year.

With love from my house to yours.

Merry Christmas!

May God bless you and yours.

No comments: