Friday, November 18, 2011

The B word

I work with two project managers at the Dumass Company that are bullies (that's the B word for today but the one you were thinking I meant would also be appropriate.)  They successfully intimidate younger, less experienced staff.  Me - they just annoy, irritate, tick off, frustrate, get up my nose, and make me cuss like a drunken sailor.

Thankfully, I don't actually work with them like they are my team mates or like they are in my office, but I'm in meetings and on projects with them way more than I would like and for some reason the occasions have increased dramatically this year.  Maybe because the nice project manager moved on to other things.  (He probably couldn't stand to work with them either.)

Unfortunately, they aren't even in the same state as me.  I don't know where they are located, but it's not in my state.  We're known for being nice and they wouldn't fit in.

It might help if they were located closer to the office.  I think it's easier to face down a bully face-to-face if you know what I mean.  When one tries to put a bully in her place via email, it's often the victim who just ends up looking snarky.  If we were in the same state, I'd jump in my little Ford and hunt them down.  I mean I'd go speak to them personally - personnally and firmly, but politely.  More or less politely.

I don't know why I always have to be the polite one.

1 comment:

Es de Jong' said...

I work at a place very similar sometimes i just wish i could make them old instantly so they can retire.
Thank you my friend, you just made my day at first i thought was alone.