Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What's up?

Have you heard about the protest by a Target employee who wants to spend Thanksgiving with his family, not getting ready to work a midnight shift?  (Target is opening at midnight Thursday to get a jump on Black Friday.)

I can understand why Target feels the need to start the mad Black Friday sales earlier than ever when another large discount company is also starting at midnight and another one is open on Thanksgiving day. 

I used to work in a hospital so I know there are some people who have to work on Thanksgiving.  It's not about making money, it's about the needs of other people.

That being said, I support Seth's protest.  (I wouldn't go into a store on Black Friday if they were giving the stuff away so it's rather easy for me to say that.) 

The workers of this country need to unite and stand up for themselves before the fat cats of corporate America take away everything - our 40 hour weeks, weekends off, paid holidays, paid vacations and reasonably priced health insurance.  Have you noticed the erosion of workers' rights in the past few decades?  It's time it stopped. 

Go, Seth, go!

No comments: