Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Procrastination is My Middle Name

I have begun cleaning out my desk and cubical at the Dumass Corp where I work in preparation for my impending retirement (or my I-Can't-Take-This-Job-One-More-Minute-ment day) later this year.  In one stack of papers, I found a resignation letter I wrote in March 2008 that made a vague reference to a soul-sucking, intelligence-draining, thankless job. 

And here it is more than 4 years later and I'm still there.  Not in the same cube, but the same soul-sucking, intelligence-draining, thankless job.

Maybe Procrastination is my first name.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Just think of it this way,if you had turned in that letter, you'd probably be unemployed. And that sucks! But now you're a few months from retirement from that soul-sucking, intelligence-draining thankless job that's going to reward you for all your hard work. Haha :)