Tuesday, May 01, 2012

And the party ontinues

I spent last night hacking and coughing and blowing my nose (TMI?).  This morning when I got up and sat on the edge of the bed trying to figure out what time it was, I tried to say something, but when I opened my mouth no sound came out.  It was like I forgot how to talk overnight.

I've had colds where it hurt to talk, or my voice would be husky or hoarse, but I don't think I've ever lost it completely before.  I'm able to form words now, this afternoon, but they don't sound like me.   Sometimes I have to stop and think about how to speak before the words come out. 

Think and then speak.  A good motto for everybody.  Sick or not.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Its been so long since I remember being sick last. Hope you feel better. I've always thought chicken soup was good for being sick.

Mo said...

Thank you Shannon. I had chicken soup 3 days in a row. It helped, but wasn't a cure.