Thursday, August 30, 2012

Almost there

I have two more days of work at the Dumass Corp.  Kind of scary (no more paychecks!), but exciting and calming all at the same time.  Since this is a 3-day weekend, my retirement doesn't officially start for me until Tuesday morning when I would normally go to work, but instead I'll stay in bed (or at least my pajamas) all day.  I can turn off the alarm clock on Friday night and never set it again.

I set down my retirement plan a couple of years ago but it's very flexible.  Maybe I can finish the novel I started 10 years ago.  Maybe I'll finally clean out the closet under the stairs that-no-man-dare-enter.  Maybe I'll buy that little house I've always wanted so I can have violet wallpaper in the bedroom and built-in bookshelves.

Maybe I'll get a job with another Dumass type company or start my own business. 

But first I'm going to do nothing.  Nothing at all.

No comments: