Saturday, April 02, 2005

My New Blog

I am starting this blog today. Mainly so I can say I have a blog. Partly because I have a lot to say and nobody will listen to me in the real world. (Actual quote from a psych patient, "I don't mind visiting reality, but I don't want to live there.")

I am the oldest person in my department at work. I don't know when that happened. I don't know how. I haven't decided what I want to be when I grow up and I don't have much time left.

I work at a fun place. You know it's a fun place when you're blowing up a balloon and you hear somebody in the next cube say indignantly, "I'm making a necklace for my cow!"

It's going to tick Wes off that I'm not going to explain why he was making a necklace for his cow, but I'm old and the only real enjoyment I get out of life anymore is ticking people off.

I think I'm growing old graciously, but I do like to play the 'old lady' card. Like in, "I'm old, you do it.'

This blog will be a lot about growing old, but old people have wandering minds so it will include whatever I want to talk about.

Sometimes I will write about the people I work with. That threat will either keep them on their toes or encourage them to do things that might get posted.

Till the next posting, Mahantia! That means "May God give you everything you deserve." If you are a good person, it's a blessing, if you aren't, it's a curse. Either way, it's out of my hands and into God's. I don't want to judge you - I will, but I don't want to.

No comments: