Saturday, April 09, 2005

Write On!

I’m sitting here on Saturday morning, half asleep, trying to think of something brilliant to write today. I’m taking a creative writing course and I’m suppose to write 5 or 10 minutes a day. I can’t remember which. It’s an on-line course and nobody knows if I’m goofing off or actually doing the assignments so for the first 3 weeks I wrote for 5 minutes. Not 5 minutes a day, just 5 minutes.

The fourth week, I started this blog as an incentive to write daily. In one of the course’s first classes, the instructor wrote about using imaginary “chair glue” to keep you stuck in your seat until you have completed your daily writing assignment. I don’t need it. I have no problems sitting here for 5 or 10 minutes. Especially when I’m half asleep. It’s the writing that’s hard. Especially when I’m half asleep.

It’s not that I don’t have anything to say. Like most people my age, I have years of stories to tell. Some of them aren’t interesting to anyone but family, some just aren’t interesting, and some are interesting, but just not suitable for a public forum.

Those are the ones you’re going to have to pay to read.

No comments: