Monday, June 30, 2008

Don't go out in the daylight.

I had today off work so I went shopping at Target in the middle of the day. Not something I usually do. Not something I'll do again soon.


Every mother in this suburb and beyond brought their kids, their relatives' kids, and their neighbors' kids shopping today. I don't know if it's that way every work day or just on Monday. And if only on Monday, why Monday?


I thought about doing a survey.
  1. Are these all your kids?

  2. They are?! Are you aware that your family is well over the national average of 2.2 kids per family?

  3. Oh, you only have 2 kids? Are you sure? I'm sure I counted 4 under, over, and around your cart. And mine.

I really think most of the carts had more than 2.2 kids, but it was hard to count 'em as none of them could stand still or walk straight or stay out of my way. (If you can't teach your kids to be polite, at least train them to stay out of the way of cranky old ladies.)

Has anybody counted lately? I mean has the average number of kids per American family increased in the past few years, or is it only in this county?

Or am I so old I just can't tolerate the over-active little rug-rats anymore?

No comments: