Friday, June 27, 2008

Pick up a 6-pack today

I don't know why traveling and the subsequent changes in time zones discombobulates me so much. It's been almost a week since I got back and I'm still topsy turvy.

My inner clock needs reset. I was exhausted yesterday without doing anything. I went to bed at midnight (but I went to sleep about 10:30) and I woke up this morning at 6:05. I don't like getting up that early. The sun's barely up by then (and this morning it's still not working that hard.)

I have trouble remembering what day it is. Last Friday felt like Saturday to me and so does today. It is Friday, isn't it?

I have a 4-day weekend this week and I'm off next Friday for the 4th of July. At this rate it will be the middle of August before I'm back in sync with the rotation of the planets.

I can't afford to be mislaying days like spare sunglasses. You can't just go out and buy a new day.

Oooh, if I only could! Say last Thursday was a total waste, I could go into the New Day Store and say "I'd like a replacement for last Thursday, please. That last one was not satisfactory." or "Give me a 6-pack of Saturdays."

A 6-pack of Saturdays. That's what you get when you retire.

No comments: