Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Our local TV news this morning had a guest extolling the virtues of being thankful. He reported that those who are most thankful will live longer, happier, and healthier lives.

I wonder if he considered that living longer, happier, and healthier might just go along with having a lot to be thankful for?

Frankly, I think the host and guest had been celebrating early as they were way too happy for 7:30 in the morning. I don't appreciate the sound of men giggling inanly annoying at any time of the day, but early in the morning is just plain irritating.

Yes, I'm a complainer. Just a grumpy old lady that can always find something to complain about no matter the occassion.

I didn't used to be that way. I was known for my even temperment, my polyanna attitude, my ability to see both sides of the moon.

What happened? Chicken squat, that's what. Too much crap. Instead of developing a higher crap tolerance as I grew older, I met the level of tolerance and can't stand anymore.

To get back to the virtues of being thankful. Just because I'm cranky doesn't mean that I'm not thankful.

  1. I'm thankful I have enough to eat. I just wish it didn't stay around so long. (You know - stay around my middle, my hips, my thighs.)

  2. I'm thankful I have a warm place to stay. I just wish it wasn't so little or so drafty or so messy.

  3. I'm thankful I have a job that pays my bills. Too bad it's with the Dumass company.


  4. I'm thankful I can still see to read. It would be nice to still be able to see to drive at night, but I'm old, I shouldn't be out at night anyway.

  5. I'm thankful I'm me. Other people are so annoying.

No comments: