Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Sun Shines East

The sun shines west,
But it's not shining here in the midwest.

I have had a sense of impending doom for the past two days. I don't know if it's my natural pessimistic disposition or a manifestation of SAD, Seasonal Affective Disorder, from which I suffer every November.

Much like a hot-house flower, I need light and heat and both are in short supply in Indiana in November when I need them most. It has been rainy and/or cloudy for two weeks now. We had one brief shot of sunshine yesterday afternoon. Not a large enough dose to be an effective treatment for SAD.

The heating system in our office has not been working well and for most of November the temperature has hovered just below 70 degrees. That's only 1 or 2 degrees below comfortable, but enough to aggravate my disorder.

My father suffered from SAD too. He treated his condition by wearing long underwear.

I might give them a try. What do you think of this pair from Frank Dandy?

I think they could provide light and warmth.

No comments: