Saturday, April 03, 2010

A Locked Room Mystery of Life

John 20:19-29.

On Sunday evening, the apostles gathered together to mourn the death of their leader and to discuss who could have taken his body out of the tomb. They made certain that the door was locked because they feared that the men who killed Jesus would come looking for them too. Despite the locked door, Jesus entered the room and said "Peace. Peace be with you."

They couldn't believe it was Jesus, but he showed them the puncture marks through his hands and the wound on his side. The disciples were elated when they saw that it was truly Jesus.

Again Jesus said to them, "Peace be with you. Just as the Father sent me to teach his Word, I am sending you."

Then he breathed on them and said "Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you withhold forgiveness from any, it is withheld."

Thomas was not there when Jesus came, but the other disciples told him, "We have seen the Lord." Thomas replied, "Unless I see the nail prints in his hands and put my hand into this side, I can not believe."

Eight days later the disciples, including Thomas, were again gathered in a locked room. Again Jesus joined them and said, "Peace be with you."

Then he said to Thomas, "See my hands? Feel the marks. Reach out your hand and put it into the wound on my side. Do not doubt me, but Believe."

Thomas fell to his knees crying out, "My Lord and my God!"

Jesus said, "Because you have seen me, it is easy for you to believe. Blessed are those who have not seen me and yet still believe."

And so it is written that if you believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, you too shall have life after death in His name.


HAPPY EASTER! HAPPY LIFE!

No comments: