Monday, October 17, 2011

I've Given Up TV

That's right, I've given up watching TV. 

At least until I find the remote control or get another TV. 

1) I kicked the remote out of bed the other night.  It must have been in the night, but I don't know what night and I don't know where it went.  I don't even know where to start looking.  It could have gone behind the bed, under the bed, in the closet, behind the dresser, into the book case, or be stuck in a shoe.  I just know it's not where I can see it.

2) I know what you're saying.  You could just manually control the TV.  You didn't always have a remote control.  Well, it's not the TV control I'm missing.  That remote doesn't work anymore anyway.  It's the remote to the box that I have to use for my 12 year old TV that's not set up for HDTV or whatever they call it that makes the TV not work anymore that's supposed to be so wonderful but is just a big fat pain in my big fat derriere.  The box doesn't seem to even have an on/off switch.

3) I know it seems a little drastic to buy a new TV just because I can't find the remote, but see # 2. I hate to throw out a perfectly good TV and I loved that little Memorex, but I think in TV years it must be nearly 100 years old and it's time it retired.

Update 10/22/11: Good news!  At least for me - you probably could care less.  I found my remote. 

No comments: