Sunday, December 18, 2011

It's about time

This post is about time again.  I woke up this morning and realized that Christmas is next Sunday.  Having written that, I checked the calendar to make sure because it's hard to believe this month is almost over.

I'm counting down the months till spring and I can almost mark this month off the list.  I know that Spring doesn't really come in March, but it's the hint of spring, the any-day-now-it's-coming feeling that helps me make it through the rest of winter.

I know that some of you love winter.  You like the snow, and the crisp air, and ice skating and all that stuff.  I know. 

I like a little snow, a little bite in the air, the thrill of doing a couple of 360's on the sidewalk when one's careless foot hits that one patch of ice.  I think the sun is brighter in the winter.  When it shines. 

And it's shining right now.  It was supposed to rain today but I don't think the sun will allow that.  An early Christmas present to me!

No comments: