Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Hope you all are having a wonderful Christmas!  Which would mean that you didn't have time to read this on Christmas day.

I set off my first smoke alarm of the day about an hour ago.  I was just browning the pork roast before I threw it in the crock pot.  Nothing was on fire or smoking.  Hope I didn't wake anybody up, but since it's Christmas morning they should have been up anyway?  Right?

I have breakfast baking in the oven and it's taking forever to get done.  Dinner won't be till later this afternoon instead of at noon so I'm having a breakfast casserole.  On ordinary days I eat lunch at 11 so by the time the roast and everything is done, I'll be starving. 

We're not having a white Christmas this year which is OK with me.  I don't like the idea of everybody driving all over the place in the snow.  Especially when they're full of eggnog, if you know what I mean.

I've got Christmas carols playing while I work and write this morning.  I realized this year that I have an odd assortment of holiday CD's.  Something for everyone, from jazz to classics to country to what-in-the-world-is-that.   Kind of like Christmas dinner with the family.

No comments: