Saturday, July 14, 2012

Travel On

When I was much, much younger than I am today, I set my sights on marrying a little dark haired boy that reminded me of George Maharis.  I knew George Maharis from watching the TV show Route 66.  I used to watch that show with my grandmother.  Grandma said she watched it because she felt sorry for George who (she said) played an orphan on the show and was traveling Route 66 to find his mother.  Frankly, I don't remember that, but it's not really germane to this story anyway.  I wasn't goo-goo eyes over him because he looked like George Maharis but because he was only 1 of 3 boys in my class and he was the cutest one.





Anyway, the little dark haired boy moved away from town then he moved back then I moved away, but I never moved back, and I never saw him again.  

I recently discovered that he died about 5 years ago.    I wonder if he still looked like George Maharis?  I wonder if he ever did?

No comments: