Sunday, September 25, 2005

Only the Lonely

Yesterday, I heard a strange story on one of those daytime TV talk shows that specialize in the weird and ridiculous. This story may be true.

The guest of the day, an attractive older lady named Madeline, had lost her husband about a year earlier and was very lonely. She missed him much more than she could ever have imagined and visited his grave almost daily,staying for hours at a time. Madeline claimed that during one of her visits, a frog hopped up to her feet and seemed to say "I'm lonely. Please take me home with you."

"Oh, why not?", she asked herself. "I may be losing my mind, but it will be something to talk to besides myself."

So she scooped him up and put him in the car. The frog sat on the back of the seat at her shoulder at she drove. She thought she heard him whispering in her ear, "Kiss me. You won't be sorry".

The old lady figured "What the heck? Maybe you'll turn into the proverbial prince".

At the next stop light, she lifted the frog from the back seat and laughingly kissed him. Immediately, the frog turned into an absolutely gorgeous, sexy, and handsome man. To say the least, she was speechless at seeing this Adonis sitting at her side.

"Thank you! Thank you!" he exclaimed, over and over. "A nasty, ugly witch put a terrible curse on me for refusing to kiss her. I thought I would never find someone to release me. How can I ever repay you?"

Then the handsome young man kissed Madeline right on the lips, right in broad daylight at the corner of 53rd and Vine. And the lonely old lady turned into ...


the first motel she could find.

No comments: