Sunday, March 30, 2008

Let there be light!

I have given up on VBA for Access for the time being and am now learning VBA for Excel using the book "Microsoft Excel 2002 Visual Basic for Applications Step by Step" by Reed Jacobson. I'm not sure how much I'm retaining, but I can follow the lesson. Even though I have had the book for several years, this is the first time I've used it. I don't know why I put off reading it as I'm up to chapter 6 without becoming frustrated, or ticked off, or bored, and I think I'm learning something.

That is when I can read it. I found I frequently copied the formulas incorrectly because I couldn't see them clearly. So yesterday I bought a new lamp for my desk. One that supposedly mimics real sunshine. It helped tremendously. I could see the characters that were so elusive before, but ....

I could also see the dust on my computer screen so I had to clean that off. Then I could see the dust on my printer and had to clean that so while I was at it I cleaned the desk. And I didn't have time to work on my VBA lesson.

It's always something, isn't it?

No comments: