Thursday, March 20, 2008

When in doubt, blame some one else.

I had a disconcerting dream last night. I don't know why it created this level of unease.

I dreamt that a handsome young man asked me out on a date. It wasn't anybody I knew in real life or in my dream world, or even in that dream. So even though he was a stranger, I said yes because I thought that was what I was supposed to do, but I couldn't help thinking, "Are you crazy? You're too old. " Then my inner voice would answer me, "It's a dream, Martha. You're dreaming, remember? You can be any age you want in a dream."

So I would be OK for a little while, just going with the flow, but then the feeling would return that I was too old and there was something creepy wrong with dating a young man.

But sometimes, I would think "It's a dream. I'm OK. But there's something terribly wrong with him."

No comments: