Thursday, January 08, 2009

Memories

I found a set of sheets in my closet the other day that I'd forgot I had. I put them on my bed and their scent reminded me of the sheets stored in my Grandmother's linen press in the back bedroom. Or my Grandpa's old shirts that I would sleep in sometimes when I stayed overnight with them as a little girl. As one of 6 kids, being an only child with my grandparents for a few hours was pure heaven.

It's been 40 years since I smelled those sheets, and at least 50 since I slept in one of those shirts. Maybe I can't really remember how they smelled, but that scent that seems so familiar brings my Grandparents and their memories so close to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank you, I read some and lol at a few, I relate !! also the smells...unpacking has brought back some airomatic memories as of late !! sadly the only grandparent smell memorie I have is moth balls !! seriously ! Barb