Thursday, January 15, 2009

What was now is now then

I got to thinking about my horror-scope for 2008 and how accurate it was so I went back through my posts to January 6th and found the forecast for what was then my future but is now my past.

Several forecasts said I was supposed to be more mobile in 2008. Well, I did travel to Los Angeles twice on business which is twice as many times as usual.

One site said I wouldn’t have many good times in 2008. They were right – I didn’t.

Another site said it would be a good year to go on a diet. I did – several times and lost at least 25 pounds, if you add all the lost pounds together. I still weigh what I did at the beginning of the year, but it didn’t say I’d lose weight on the diet so I guess they were right again.

A third site said "You should strenuously avoid antics involving iron, sharp edges, blunt objects, firearms, machinery or verbal exchanges." Well, I did that. At my age, I don’t have many antics left in me and certainly not with anything that could be classified as a weapon.

That makes four out of four. That's not too bad. I just wish somebody had forecast more money.

No comments: