Thursday, April 23, 2009

Crank 'er up

This is my horror-scope for Friday:
"What's the point in being nice to people who aren't very nice to you? If they think they are getting away with their bad behaviour, they will only be even ruder and more annoying, won't they? Or perhaps you can kill them with kindness? Maybe you can be so sweet, sincere and sympathetic, that their barriers break and their icy hearts melt in the warmth of your sunny disposition. This weekend, the nicer you are, the better results you will get. That might not bring immediate satisfaction, but the long-term gains and benefits will make up for it." http://www.cainer.com/libraframe.htm

Most people don't like to upset other people. They really don't want to hurt others' feelings or they're afraid of retaliation. What ever.

Someone once gave me a magnet that said "Kindness is nice but nastiness gets better results." I know they say being nice won't kill you, but I don't like to take changes. My motto is "If you're mother didn't teach you good manners, I will." I frequently tell ill-mannered shoppers who think they own the grocery store, "Excuse me, and excuse you too". Goodness knows it's almost a full time job teaching discourteous drivers around here how to behave.

It's a good thing I don't believe in horoscopes because I'm too old to change my ways now. Besides, I'm looking forward to being known as that cranky old woman.

No comments: