Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Tapioca Pudding

I just had a bowl of tapioca pudding. Homemade tapioca pudding.

That's probably the first bowl of homemade tapioca pudding I've eaten in 20, maybe 25 years. It was pretty good. Not as tasty as I remember it but maybe that's because it was made with 2% milk instead of whole milk. Tapioca aficiandos insist the pudding be made with whole milk or even part milk, part cream. Ummmmmmm.

One of the women I work with discovered Kozy Shack tapioca pudding in the refrigerator section a few months ago at her local grocery store and after raving about it for a few weeks, brought me a container for lunch one day. It was almost as good as homemade. However, my local grocery stores don't carry that brand in the indiviual containers and I can't count on Cheryl to keep me supplied with the good stuff.

So I decided to make my own. My local grocery stores don't carry tapioca. Or maybe it's just that they carry it in funny places because I could only find it at one store and they only had the pearl kind that you have to soak all night and I didn't want that and besides it was expensive. But ... I was shopping 15 miles from here last weekend and Meijers had the familiar red box of Kraft Minute Tapioca for about half the price of the pearl tapioca so I bought it and I fixed it and I ate it.

Which brings us back to the beginning of the story so this is a good place to end.

No comments: