Sunday, April 19, 2009

Decisions and Rainbows

As you may know, I'm not overly fond of the dysfunctional company I work for, but during the last few weeks they've gone overboard with being annoying. Things were coming to a head last week and I knew I'd have to make a decision soon: Stay or Leave.

  • I'd quit, but I'm too lazy to look for another job and who knows, the next company could be worse. (Case in point - the current job.)
  • I'm not ready to retire. I'm not that old.
  • What to do? What to do? Quit? Retire? Find another job? Go back to school and start a new career?

Then the news changed at work and the need to decide stopped being URGENT.

On the way home that day, just as I turned onto Regency Drive, a Voice popped into my head and said "I told you I would take care of you." and when I turned the corner I saw a rainbow in the fountain.

He may not be taking care of me in the manner to which I'd like to become accustomed, but I'm doing OK. I just need to keep looking for those rainbows.

Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin. And yet I say unto you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Matthew 6:28

No comments: