Saturday, February 19, 2011

It's the weekend!

And I'm so excited.  It's the first weekend this year that hasn't been covered with snow, ice, or yuck or hasn't been so cold the hair would freeze in your nostrils.
What to do? What to do?  I'll find something to do besides sit at the computer or in front of the TV.

I wore "real" shoes to the office yesterday, not boots. And instead of my wool coat I wore my ratty old-jacket-that-I-should-be-ashamed-to-wear-to-wear-in-public-but-I’m-not-because-I-like-it-so-much.

The dilly bread I made last week was soooooooooo good. It was so light it practically floated out of the oven. Makes me want to make more bread but I think I'll wait till next weekend when it's supposed to turn arctic again.

Talking about the bread makes me hungry. I've been up over an hour and haven't had breakfast yet.

It's beginning to get light out already and it's not even 7:30 yet. I love it when it starts getting light early. I don't like getting up before the sun does. Of course, in a few weeks (on March 13) we switch to DST (Daylight Stupid Time) and it will be dark in the morning again for another month.

I've got to go eat breakfast.  I'm burning daylight.

No comments: