Saturday, March 12, 2011

Is the world falling apart?

This has been a rough week for me, but I'm not going to complain even those that is this old lady's favorite hobby.  I'd be ashamed to complain of my trifling little problems.

If you've been anywhere near news in the past couple of days you know that a horrific earthquake hit Japan followed by a even more horrifying tsunami.  I can't even begin to imagine what it must have been like to witness that. My heart goes out to the people in Japan and their friends and families around the world.  I can imagine what they must be feeling now, but thank Heaven my imagination isn't good enough for me to grasp the whole experience.

If you want to help the people in Japan or New Zealand (or other countries around the world), please donate to your favorite charity.  The Salvation Army had set up relief stations in Japn and New Zealand within hours of the quakes even though their own offices were damaged.  If you want to know more or if you can donate, please visit Salvation Army International.

No comments: