Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Spring Break

I think Spring took a break of its own this week.  It's been so cold I had to drag out my winter coat again.  Not that I'd actually put it away.

We had 1 1/2 inches of snow today at lunchtime.  It was a strange weather day.  We weren't expecting snow but the morning was cloudy and gray like a November day.  Then suddenly it was snowing.  Then suddenly it wasn't and the snow was already melting.  Then the sun came out.  From gray to snow to sunshine in under 2 hours.  I don't remember seeing that much snow fall and disappear that fast. 

The trees were very beautiful when they were snow covered - at least from my vantage point in the 9th floor office.   They looked just like a winter scene on a picture post card.  But the snow on the trees melted first, then the snow around the trees melted so that the trees were circled with emerald green grass surrounded by the very white snow.   I hadn't realized that the grass was greening-up so nicely till I saw it contrasted against the snow white snow.

That's my kind of snow - very pretty and it disappears before it has time to get dirty or snarl traffic.

No comments: