Saturday, March 26, 2011

Saturday morning

It's Saturday morning here in the Midwest.  It's a little cold outside this morning even for the end of March, but it's tolerable.  Especially since I'm still inside and the furnace just kicked in.

The whole day lies ahead of me.  No office to speed off to. No interstate to not speed down.  No downtown traffic to yell at.  There's dirty dishes in the kitchen sink, the dirty clothes basket is overflowing in the bedroom, dust bunnies are gathering an army under the couch intent on taking over the living room, and here I sit, drowsily thinking about the new book I got yesterday and wondering if I should start reading it now or after breakfast. 

It's good to be awake on a cold Saturday morning in March in the Midwest and have the whole day ahead of you.

No comments: