Monday, November 20, 2006

Cactus Town

Did I tell you I planted a cactus garden for my birthday in October? Well, not only is it still living, it's actually growing. Which isn't really a good thing.

I mean the "still living" is great. I figured they'd be gone before the end of the month, and here we are almost through month two. But the growing? One of my relatives (and for the life of me I can't remember which one) once started with a little cactus from the local Five & Dime, and ended up with a 5 foot attack plant.

I have a long way to go before it gets to 5 foot, but the one that has leaves at the top has already multiplied and grown maybe 1/2 inch in a month so how long will it take before it takes over?

It's already annoying. It has deciduous leaves at the top that turn yellow & fall off - into the sticky spines before. Do you know how you clear out those leaves from the cacus spines? Very carefully, that's how.

No comments: